Tuesday, June 16, 2009

This little Piggy gets outted


As a journalist and elected public official, I’ve had to develop a pretty thick skin. There isn’t much that offends me and I welcome criticism and debate (your stupid comments) on this page.

That said, when you start calling my town “buttfuck nowhere,” the gloves come off.

So I’m outing the Frostbite Falls Fishwrap’s spellchecker Chris “Piggy” Puglia, who’s been posting as Anonymous on my site almost since I started.

There’s no such thing as posting anonymous on this page, as I have Sitemeter installed, which identifies every post and visit by IP address. I confronted the coward with a message on Facebook:

 

Terry Halifax

Today at 8:12am

the next time you post another chickenshit comment on my page, you might as well sign your name.

I can track your IP.

You can also look forward to a sampling of just how "macho" I can be face-to-face someday too.

 

Chris Puglia

Add as Friend

Today at 8:19am

Report Message

OMG you know who I am...hahaha, like I don't know you can track my IP address. Oh, and is that a threat? Don't threaten me Halifax.

 

I’ve never met this tourist typist, but judging from his command over the English language, he’s destined to be a Fishwrapper for many years to come – no legitimate paper would hire him.

Puglia has been terrorizing bloggers with his chicken-shit anon posts for some time now. I suspect it’s small manhood syndrome that provokes these cowardly attacks, but now that he’s been exposed, you can rest assured that the teeny weeny will shrink away to nothing.

I invite Mr. Puglia to Inuvik to see how residents appreciate his editorial stance on our fair little town and I look forward to confronting the sniveling little coward face-to-face.

5 comments:

  1. This is great stuff Burgeoning Curmudgeon. I guess the likes of Fred and Nellie are not held in much higher esteem by this jim-crack, seeing as they too hail from "buttfuck nowhere"...
    Ever notice the "quality" that manages to cling to life at the Frostbite Falls Fishwrap. Proof's in the pudding, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started to comment, but it got too long, so I've posted it on my own site and linked back here.

    Jason, it's nice to see you here. How are you? What are you doing these days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ho! Does this mean True North S has changed his tune on anonymous posts? I remember a different song last election. It's a song that gets stuck in my head every time I smell sweetgrass burning or hear the word "Treaty" coming from disenfranchised lips.

    I kid because I love, Terry.

    I must say though, excellent blog. You've earned a spot in my bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. J-rock! Yes, I suppose Sig knows better than most that somethings you step in, you just can't scrape off your shoe.

    Good to hear from you Brodie. Hope all is going well with The Shipping News.

    A real reunion of Fishwrappers converging on my page here.
    For the record, True North S made no attempt to hide his identity. Although some (like that other Groucho Marxist, Valpy) had this great "Gotcha" epiphany, one only had to read through a few of True North S' posts to realize he and I were the same.
    I really should re-publish that post -- many didn't have a chance to read anything more than the sensational bits you Fishwrappers printed.
    My stance on anon posts is simple; contribute in a real way and I'll publish it. Flame on like Piggy did here and after a few posts I'll call you out or just dump it in the trash.
    I'm looking forward to the story in Monday's Fishwrap about how Puglia flamed away on my page. You think the same principle applies for journalists as it does for volunteers...I mean town councillors?
    Of course not. At that rag, they write their editorial policy as it suits them. They drew up a new policy fast about publishing convicts' names in the paper just as soon as Valpy got busted for assault.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it would be good to have the entire post.

    Welcome, Jason and Brodie. :)

    ReplyDelete

Insert your stupid comment here